Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love

On this day of chocolate and flowers and construction-paper hearts, my thoughts turn to love.

Jesus Christ once taught his followers, "Love thy (your) neighbor as yourself." Is this easy or difficult to do? What do you think the world would be like if people tried to live this way?

Wendell Berry, my favorite author, wrote this poem about love which I really like:

"Whatever happens,
those who have learned to love one another
have made their way to the lasting world
and will not leave,
whatever happens."

What are your thoughts about love?

Happy Valentine's Day students.

Ned

3 comments:

Nina Dong said...

wow, Ned...I hope you find a wife soon...love, Nina

Nina Dong said...

Ned ,I love my family.

Nina Dong said...

Dear Ned I wish you all the dream is come ture.